2022 Green Bond Newsletter (PDF) December 6, 2022
- Secondary market liquidity with a wide range of offerings provide extensive investment and trading opportunities across the yield curve
- Ontario accounted for 63.8 per cent of Canadian provincial bond trading in 2021
- Attractive spreads provide opportunities for investors to achieve higher returns
- Benchmark Canadian provincial borrower
- Primary focus on Canadian dollar borrowing with likely issuance in U.S. dollars and Euro
|Credit Ratings (Long-Term/Short-Term)|
|Moody’s Investors Service||Aa3 / P-1|
|Fitch||AA- / F1+|
|DBRS Morningstar||AA (low) / R-1(mid)|
|S&P||A+ / A-1|
- Ensuring Ontario always has sufficient liquidity to meet its cashflow needs to continue to address any unforeseen economic or public health needs.
- As of February 1, 2023, liquid reserve levels were $34.0 billion.
Average Unrestricted Liquid Reserve Levels
Note: As of October 31, 2022